The simplest and most straightforward way to head to Hello Kitty Town or Legoland Malaysia from Singapore is to go via Tuas (2nd link). Both parks are within 5 minutes drive from each other.
[Hello Kitty Town via Woodlands, READ HERE.]
[Legoland via Woodlands, READ HERE.]
After clearing customs, it will only take you less than 10 minutes to reach Legoland and at most 15 minutes to reach Hello Kitty Town / Puteri Harbour Indoor Family Theme Park via TUAS.
NOTE – Instructions 1-4 apply to both Legoland and Hello Kitty Town. You will reach Legoland by Instruction 4. If you are going to Hello Kitty Town, then continue from 4 onwards.
1) After clearing the Malaysia customs, you will reach the toll booth.
If you have already have a “Touch n Go” card, just proceed to tap the card and pass the toll. But if you don’t have one, drive to the leftmost lane and buy a new card at the manned booth. (First time drivers to JB, read here.)
2) Within 2-3 minutes after passing the toll booth, you will see the brown Legoland sign. Follow the sign and exit at 312 Legoland (Nusajaya). (NOT GELANG PATAH)
3) Continue to follow the Legoland sign regardless of whether you are going to Legoland or the Puteri Harbour Indoor Family Theme park. They both follow the same directions for now.
4) You will then reach a roundabout. Continue to follow Legoland/Puteri Harbour.
4. If you are going Legoland, make a left turn and you will reach your destination.
If you are going to Hello Kitty Town / Puteri Harbour Indoor Family Theme Park, drive straight ahead and follow signs to “Puteri Harbour”.
5. Keep going straight and follow the sign to “Puteri Harbour”.
6) Within 1-2 minutes you will reach a small roundabout. Exit the roundabout at the 3′clock (Puteri Harbour)
7) After that, you will need to make a LEFT turn.
8. You will reach this small wooden guard house with big orange “walls” on both sides.
9. Look out for the building with a big red rectangle on your left. Make 2 left turns and you are there.
Drive towards the underground parking and get ready to have fun.
I always thought they should hang a HUGE poster in front of the building showing Hello Kitty or Thomas or BOB the builder, just so people know they are at the correct place even from a distance away. But anyway, for now, the red rectangle is your best way to identify the theme park. (btw They call it the “Little Red Cube”, but no cube there, it is a rectangle.)
Other posts you might be interested in -
Hotels to stay in near Legoland / Hello Town - 30% discount off room rates at Tunehotels at Danga Bay – get the promo code before November 30, 2012.
First time driving to JB - READ HERE